Expressions of interest are now closed for 2017. Thank you to all the organisations who have submitted.
In the interest of great science engagement, all submissions were assessed by the Program Selection Group against a selection criteria. All applicants have been notified of the outcome of their submission.
- Relevance and link to science, technology and innovation
- Science, technology, engineering or mathematics should be a significant component of the event and be based on active research and current issues
- Event should involve relevant experts: scientists, researchers, engineers, technologists, mathematicians, innovators
- Quality and/or originality of approach
- Event should be of high quality and/or highly original in its approach and should involve organisations and experts that have credibility
- Event should be open to and accessible to the general public. Specialist events are also encouraged if they are for a specialist or professional audience external to your organisation. Free events are encouraged.
- Feasibility of program
- Event should be highly likely to succeed by having all or as many details worked out as possible
- Event organisers accept all responsibility for the event, including organisation, content, staffing, etc.
- Event should be located in Sydney. Online events designed specifically for a Sydney audience might also qualify.
- Event should occur during the Sydney Science Festival, 10-20 August 2017. Events that begin during the Festival but culminate after the Festival might be acceptable.
* The Program Selection Group reserves the right to reject any event for any reason.
Program Selection Group
The Festival Program Selection Group is comprised of representatives from the following organisations:
- Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences
- Australian Museum
- Inspiring Australia (NSW)
- Botanical Gardens and Centennial Parklands
About Sydney Science Festival in 2016:
- 232 individual events across Sydney presented by 65 partners
- Partners included Australian Museum, Sydney Living Museums, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Parramatta Park Trust as well as City of Sydney and Ultimo Libraries, Redfern Community Centre and the Mount Annan Botanical Gardens
- Diverse showcase of scientific talent: 3 international speakers and more than 290 local researchers, scientists, engineers and science communicators
- Over 62,000 participants
- $1.7 million worth of media coverage
- Our audience:
- 58% female; 42% male
- 68% live in Sydney inner West, East and Northern suburbs
- 42% attended 2 or more events as part of the Festival
- Browse the full 2016 program
- View the Sydney Science Festival 2016 Final Report
If you’ve got any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Sydney Science Festival team.
- Enquiries related to general events, email email@example.com or call (02) 9217 0349 (Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences)
- Enquiries related to school programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9320 6389 (Australian Museum)