The full Sydney Science Festival 2018 program will be announced in late June 2018.
About Sydney Science Festival
Sydney Science Festival returns from 7−19 August 2017 as part of National Science Week with 13 huge days of talks by some of the world’s best researchers, hands-on workshops, exhibitions, events for family and panel discussions.
Sydney Science Festival celebrates and showcases Sydney’s diverse and multidisciplinary science and innovation community through a diverse program exploring all areas of science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM). The Festival brings together cultural and research institutions, museums, universities and communities across greater Sydney and invites them to discover, discuss and debate science.
Through strengthening the ties between scientists and the community, Sydney Science Festival helps create an engaged and informed Sydney. The Festival aims to encourage an interest in science among the general public and young people and provides opportunities to highlight Sydney’s scientific credentials and foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry.
Part of National Science Week, Sydney Science Festival is produced by the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and Australian Museum with support and funding from Inspiring Australia.
About Sydney Science Festival in 2017:
- 180 individual events across Sydney presented by 60 program partners
- Presenting partners included Sydney Opera House, University of Sydney, University of Technology Sydney, Macquarie University, Western Sydney University, Microsoft, Cicada Innovations, Australian Astronomical Observatory, Sydney Ideas, BBC World Service, City of Parramatta, North Sydney Council and Northern Sydney Science Hub and more!
- Diverse showcase of scientific talent: 5 international speakers and 585 local researchers, scientists, engineers and science communicators
- More than 70,000 audience members
- Browse the full 2017 program
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.