The Innovation GamesEvent Families
Get up, get outside and get to Sydney Olympic Park for a day of innovative science action.
Innovation Games is a free event full of new ways to taste, touch and see science in ACTION! Hit the special pump track with your scooter, skateboard or BMX and generate energy whilst you’re burning some off….Or catch some of the X Games extreme sport stars shredding their stuff on the half-pipe. Get the low down on drones, take-off on our flying simulators or just talk with a regular ASTRONAUT! Don’t miss the opportunity to kick the physics out of a footy or sprint against your favourite player’s time.
Sydney Olympic Park will again be buzzing with interactive displays, live stage shows, games, gadgets, film and food! Test your skills in family-friendly physical and mental challenges and maybe see yourself up on the big screen. Pat something spikey or slimy or scaly….. or tame a coffee and relax whilst the kids explore.
So if you are coming out to cheer on Australia in Bledisloe Cup Rugby, or GWS Giants vs Swans AFL, or just hanging out at the Park for a sunny Saturday, race over to the Innovation Games and ramp up your science knowledge.
Don’t forget to BYOD and join the augmented reality treasure hunt created especially for this event and you could win one of our three amazing GOLDEN TICKET prizes.
Make sure to catch our shows on the day:
12:00pm Australian Wildlife Show
12:30pm BMX Show with ¼ pipe demo riders
1:00pm NRMA Science and Road Safety
1:30pm One Giant Leap Space Show with Mars Rover Experts
2:00pm Giants Footy and Sports Science
2:30pm Fizzics Big Science Show
3:00pm Science of Music with Tom Gordon
3:45pm BMX Show with ¼ pipe demo riders
We also have a great line up of activities available throughout the day:
- Skate / Scooter / BMX pump track around the Olympic Cauldron
- Science with the Giants zone
- Australian Wildlife Displays – Meet Australian Native Wildlife
- Fizzics Science Frenzy – hands-on science games
- Drone Simulators in the Launch zone with One Giant Leap
- Kids STEM Playground with Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences
- People-Powered Disco with Origin Energy
- Murama Cultural Science activities (Storytelling through participatory Art / Crafts / Indigenous astronomy)
- Australian Museum Frogs and Indigenous Science
- Sunswift Solar Cars with University of NSW
- NRMA Road Safety Science
- Eco Renewable Energy Bikes
- Sydney Sports Incubator – See the latest sports tech with Sports Science Entrepreneurs
- Conserving nature, birdlife and heritage with Sydney Olympic Park Authority
- Our Living River – River Keeping, Create your own Bike art and more
- Autonomous Shuttle with Transport for NSW