Expressions of interest for Sydney Science Festival are now open
Expressions of interest close 13 April 2018
Sydney Science Festival returns from 7–19 August 2018 with 11 huge days of talks by some of the world’s best researchers, hands-on workshops, exhibitions, panel discussions and family events.
If you are planning to produce an event, talk, workshop, tour or exhibition, we want to know about it. Last year the Festival featured more than 180 events across Sydney and was attended by over 70,000 people.
The Festival accepts submissions for all kinds of events for diverse audiences, including talks for adults, workshops, citizen science events, hackathons, school events, networking events for scientists and industry, community events, large family events and more. Sydney Science Festival is proud to present diverse events for diverse audiences, whether you are a group of scientists eager to engage audiences with your research or a large organization hosting a high-profile speaker, we want to hear from you.
Benefits of being part of Sydney Science Festival
- Support by a team of highly-experienced science program producers based at Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and Australian Museum
- Promotion through an integrated print, digital and outdoor marketing, advertising and publicity campaign across Sydney
- Feature on the Festival website, with individual program partners profiled. Festival goers using the website will be able to add your event to their festival calendar, share it with friends and see where in Sydney your event is located
Relevance and link to science, technology and innovation
- Science, technology, engineering or mathematics should be a significant component of the event and be based on active research and current issues.
- Event should involve relevant experts: scientists, researchers, engineers, technologists, mathematicians, innovators.
Quality and/or originality of approach
- Event should be of high quality and/or highly original in its approach and should involve organisations and experts that have credibility.
- Event should be open to and accessible to the general public. Specialist events are also encouraged if they are for a specialist or professional audience external to your organisation.
Feasibility of program
- Event should be highly likely to succeed by having all or as many details worked out as possible.
- Event organisers accept all responsibility for the event, including organisation, content, staffing, etc.
- Event should be located in Sydney. Online events designed specifically for a Sydney audience might also qualify.
- Event should occur during the Sydney Science Festival, 7-19 August 2018. Events that begin during the Festival but culminate after the Festival might be acceptable.
* The Program Selection Group reserves the right to reject any event for any reason.
12 March 2018 Expressions of Interest Open
13 April 2018 Deadline for Expressions of Interest
20 April 2018 Successful applicants notified
1 May 2018 Deadline for SSF partners to finalise event information via online portal
22 June 2018 Launch of SSF Website
7 August 2018 First day of Sydney Science Festival
19 August 2018 Last day of Sydney Science Festival
10 September 2018 Festival partners provide evaluation and reporting attendance figures
Expressions of interest are invited from large scale presenters to apply for up to $20,000 towards events presented as part of Sydney Science Festival that have the potential to attract at least 3,000 people. For more information visit Inspiring Australia’s website or click here.
Join us on 12 March from 3.15pm–6pm at the School of Entrepreneurship to meet the Sydney Science Festival team, network with other event presenters and find out more about the 2018 Festival. Register for the information session here.
If you missed this session but would like more information about the Festival and expressions of interest please contact us at email@example.com.
Click on the Register tab to submit an event.
Download our handy EOI How-to Guide.