Taronga Zoo invites all children to visit for FREE* as part of the Sydney Science Festival on Saturday 17 August 2019. Bring your budding conservationist for a full day at Taronga Zoo to experience conservation science first-hand.
Attend our fun and informative shows, talks and tours, such as our live Seal Show and Free-flight Bird Show. Our talks and shows teach children about the important role Taronga Zoo plays in protecting our natural environment so that we can work together to create a shared future for wildlife and people.
Our top tips for your visit:
- Allow time to visit our must-see Tiger Trek to catch a glimpse of the adorable and rare Sumatran Tiger Cub triplets while they’re still small! Tiger Trek is an immersive educational experience that allows you to get closer than ever to the critically endangered Sumatran Tiger;
- Take a break and visit the Taronga Centenary Theatre to catch our movie Wild Squad Adventures, which screens every 15 minutes. This adventure movie is played on an innovative 270-degree screen to give you a completely new theatre experience that is more immersive than VR or even IMAX – without the need for special glasses.
With 4,000 animals to see and 20 Keeper Talks and Shows a day, you’ll need a helping hand to get the most out of your day at Taronga Zoo, so make sure you download the Taronga Zoo App – the must have companion for your visit. Features of the app include:
- Browse the interactive map for easy navigation and directions around the Zoo;
- See up-to-date information on Sky Safari, animal talks, shows and encounters;
- Plan your day at the Zoo with pop-up reminders for animal talks and shows.
Discover Wild Squad Missions for kids – a series of fun, quick and interactive missions that teach kids about conservation and the animals they are seeing at the Zoo.
*One child FREE with a paying adult on presentation of the Kids Go FREE voucher downloaded via the booking link on this page. Additional children require a paid Zoo Admissions ticket.