To kick off the Sydney Science Festival, the Museum doors will be flung open for a free, full-on, night-time science celebration of astronomical proportions!
Experience the grown-up side of the Powerhouse Museum after hours, see new exhibitions in a different light and expect the unexpected.
Hosted by Dr. Lisa Harvey Smith and with performances and hands-on experiences, there’s plenty to see, make and do while sparking your curiosity and maybe learning something along the way.
Roll up your sleeves and take part in some intriguing, hands-on science encounters with local Sydney scientists from various institutions and organisations, or just kick back and enjoy the entertainment, food and drinks.
- Hear special guest, astrophysicist Dr Alan Duffy
- Encounter some of Australia’s favourite animals with Taronga Zoomobile
- Speed meet a geek (or two)
- Drive a Mars rover across the Museum’s Mars Lab
- Enjoy curator tours of Recollect: Health and Medicine and Interface: People, Machines, Design
- Play periodic table scrabble
- Escape Thinkspace’s virtual reality panic room
- Take part in hands-on activities
- Enjoy science-inspired dance and music, plus drinks from the bar and snacks from the Junction cafe
- Take a tour of the brand new Collider exhibition, from the Science Museum, London*
Cash bar. Food available for purchase.
Adults 18+ only. Bookings essential.
Limit four tickets per booking.
*MAASive Lates entry and its events are free but does not include the Collider exhibition. To view the exhibition, tickets must be purchased. Buy your tickets to Collider now!