Sydney Science Festival 2016
Sydney Science Festival returns from 11−21 August 2016 with 11 huge days of talks by some of the world’s best researchers, hands-on workshops, exhibitions, events for family and panel discussions.
Part of National Science Week, Sydney Science Festival is led by the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences, in collaboration with key museums, galleries, universities, businesses, scientists, engineers and community organisations across greater Sydney.
Over the next few weeks, the Sydney Science Festival Program Selection Committee will review all of the submissions received. To ensure compelling STEM engagement, submission(s) will be assessed against the Festival’s four selection criteria: relevance, quality, engagement and feasibility.
The Program Selection Committee has been drawn together to help ensure the Festival program provides accessible and quality STEM engagement for audiences and to include diverse representation from across Sydney’s scientific community. The committee comprises key representatives from the Sydney science community and festival partners including Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences, Inspiring Australia, Australian Museum and Centennial Parklands.
The Committee will undertake the following activities:
- Review all Festival Expressions of Interest submitted
- Assess applications against the Festival’s four selection criteria (relevance, quality, engagement and feasibility) to ensure compelling STEM engagement
- Liaise with applicants (where relevant) about potential modifications or suggested solutions to their submission(s)
- Accept/decline events based on their merits. Where applicable, liaise with applicants to explore options
- Notify successful and unsuccessful applicants (Festival organisers) and provide feedback on their application
We’ll be in touch with applicants by email to let them know the outcome of their application on Friday 1 April, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more about the program as it is announced?
Subscribe to receive email updates, news and special offers.
Interested in volunteering at Sydney Science Festival?
Our volunteers are the beating heart of our festival. Find out how you can get involved.